Making a Voice Recording in Garage Band & Uploading it to your Stie
What a great group of participants today at Classroom in the Cloud at SCOLT in Memphis, Tenn! Here is a short explanation of how to make a PODCAST or simple Voice Recording in Apple’s Garage Band. AND– if you have the iphone 5 the very latest OS 7 update includes FREE GARAGEBAND & other software. You need enough space on your iphone– I don’t have enough on mine right now.
Here is an example of super simple podcast on one of my sites.
The Basics You Need to Know:
- You create the podcast in Garage Band
- You then export it to your own ITUNES LIBRARY. Important- The Itunes podcast is now in an MP3 file that is REQUIRED by your site. A Garage Band file can’t be uploaded; has to be SHARED AND EXPORTED in to iTunes.
- You upload the ITUNES mp3 file on to your website or wiki
Make a Podcast or a Voice Recording
- Open up the Garage Band Application on your laptop, tablet, or iphone. (Buy it or download if for free; it doesn’t come automatically w the device.)
- Select New Project
- Push the PODCAST button
- Save it with a VERY SPECIFIC NAME. The title of a reading or list of interview questions, Oral Exam Part, Unit, Lesson, Topic, etc.
- Push Create
- In the far LEFT MENU BAR/COLUMN- select your gender
- ON THE VERY BOTTOM select the RED BUTTON to record. This starts the microphone so you and anything else will be recorded.
- **THE SPACE BAR IS THE STOP BUTTON
- Go to the SHARE pull down menu at the top.
- Select SEND PODCAST TO ITUNES
- Name the Playlist very specifically– for a class section, grade level, unit, or lesson
Uploading the Podcast- Voice Recording to your Website
- Log in to the back end of your website or wiki
- Go in to a specific Post
- Select the MEDIA ICON button above the formatting tool bar. Press that icon.
- Upload the podcast; either drag it from your ITUNES LIBRARY in to the box or use the BROWSER UPLOADER.
- Insert it in to the Post and Save it.